Sunday, April 19, 2009

Update

Ok...here's a 5 second update (I'm trying to procrastinate some very important things because I really really don't want to do them...I'll be sorry by the time tonight roles around!)

In a nut shell, the end of the semester is drawing to a close (2 weeks left) which means I'll be done teaching at Weber State for the summer. In my insane way of being too bored during the summer with only a part time job and still getting paid from Weber State, I've signed on to open a summer preschool with another teacher that I work with. It will be at her house because she is licensed and everything and it'll be each day for a few hours. Because, of course, that wasn't enough for me, I'll also be watching 2 of the cutest 4 year old boys. So, because they'll be in my class each day, I'll just bring them home with me until their parents can pick them up around 5pm! Basically, I don't get a break this summer but the income will be good! :) And it will be fun to have kids in the house again. Except I'm working on making my house child friendly again...after Meghan and her kids left, there was no need!

We're also signed up to play on a softball league! I am not good at all but Dan has an amazing hit and can hit them out of the park! I'm super excited! Thanks Shaylee and Justin! :)

Dan's looking for a job in this crappy economy...sucks! I feel very blessed to have the jobs that I do!

We painted our bedroom and installed a fan...it looks great! Also painted the hallway leading upstairs...glad it's done! Dan's been working on fixing up the house a bit which I'm grateful for. Right now it seems like we'll be here forever!

I just got a new calling! I'm a Young Womens advisor. Dan's been the Young Men's secretary for a few months now so at least we can go to mutual, Youth Conference and stuff together. He really enjoys it and I'm a little bit nervous. I was in the nursery for months so it's quite the change!

Hm...trying to think of what else to post. I need to post pics of Vegas over spring break...but alas, that will have to wait.

Ok, done procrastinating...sorry there's no pics yet! It'll have to be on my list of things to do!! :)

5 comments:

Sean, Megan, Audrey, and Adam said...

WOW! It sounds like you have a busy summer ahead of you. It is about time to hear an update from you little miss. I'm still sad Audrey won't be able to join your preschool. Maybe if we are both still around come this time next year, she would be ready then. I hope Dan can find a job soon, that must be really tough. This economy does stink right now! Anyways, it was good hearing an update from you. Good luck with everything!!

Meghan said...

Hooray, you updated! It sounds like your summer will be very busy, I hope you'll have time to hang out with us! I can't believe you're joined a softball league! Good for you! I can't wait to see you in a few months! Hopefully your house will be child-proof by then! ;-) Love ya!
Oh, and give us some pics! I want to SEE what you've been up to!

Kariann said...

Wow you are going to be one busy girl!! Glad you are both doing well and I hope Dan finds a job soon!! Good to get an update on you guys!! :)

Jordan and Tara said...

Yeah, glad to see an update!! That'll be fun working with Sherrie this summer. She's amazing. I'm jealous you're on a softball league, we always wanted to be on a couples team.

Morgan Werner said...

FINALLY!!!!! So does that mean that there will be absolutely NO time for you guys to maybe come play in SoCal with us for a few days this summer? We have no idea when we're going, but we want to do Disnleyland and San Diego and stuff.

Haha... the word verification word at the bottom is "mucus."